- 2035 - A research group in Wales create bacteria in the lab that form crystals which resonate with radio frequency.
- 2041 - The same group demonstrates that they can modify a percentage of the glia in a mouse brain to resonate with RF, opening up the possibility for biological radio receivers. These glia are dubbed “radiocytes”
- 2043 - Examining data, the researchers find proof that the mice can respond to RF as a sensory stimulus.
- 2047 - Transgenic mice pass genes for creating radiocytes on to offspring.
- 2059 - Researchers in India announce that they have a “grammar” of radio signals that mouse brains interpret as information. At the same time they show that these signals are only perceived by the areas of the brain nearest the radio receivers.
- 2060 - Radio transmitters are implanted in some of the mice. Within 1 week, the implanted mice are communicating with each other using the grammar discovered by the Indian team.
- 2112 - The first humans to be born with radiocytes enter school.
- 2128 - The Wiki, a human exomemory, is born when a radiocytotic teenager discovers how to store and encode knowledge in an external repository.
- 2131 - Radiocytotic people connected to the Wiki begin spontaneously sleeping only 3 hours a night. It is found that the presence of unlimited external storage radically improves the brain’s ability to reorganize and consolidate, reducing the need for sleep.
- 2201 - 98% of humanity alive has either been born with radiocytes or has had them implanted through stem cell therapy. Electronic devices can be controlled by a thought. Experience, perception, and emotion can now be encoded in The Wiki as humanity refines its new abilities. No-one remembers what it’s like to not have the sum-total of humanity’s knowledge on hand.
- Ben G: I think this is literally Keynote
- Jacob B: its not literally keynote because its an app called iBooks
I was offered the opportunity to head up to New York and work at Tumblr’s Manhattan office as part of the design team! I’m so excited and happy! Thanks to David, Charlie, Danielle, Marc, and Peter for giving this unbelievable opportunity!
I’m still kind of in a daze. Less than a year ago, I never thought I’d be working for Tumblr, in any capacity. Less that 6 months ago, I never thought I’d be moving to New York. Life is really crazy in the way it works, but no less amazing.
To celebrate Dominic’s induction, the Tumblr Ministry of Design shall witness a dump truck driving over a solid block of green plastic at 1:13am in Flushing, Queens. Tickets are $5,000,000,000,000,000,000.
- Doritos (Original flavor)
- Skittles (Tropical)
- Pickled brussel sprouts
- Pickled herring in cream sauce
- Red grapes
- Mandarin oranges
- Sharp cheddar
- Lobster roll
- Cashew brittle
- York Peppermint Patty
Serious question: Do you have time to digest your last meal? Or is it all still inside you when they kill you.