We are looking for a production designer who has the eye of a draftsman and the heart of an engineer.
- Expert in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Expert in CSS and HTML
- Must have experience with creating assets at various sizes for iOS and Android
- Must know how to create and implement pixel-perfect icon fonts
- Must be familiar with Tumblr design sensibilities
- Experience with motion graphics is a plus, especially GIFs
- Experience with Xcode and Android Studio is a plus
- Comfortable spending the day zoomed in at 3200%
- One-handed demonstration of the Save For Web keyboard shortcut
- Sub-pixels on straight lines make you want to die
- Humility and good grammar
What is this job exactly?
We’re a small team of designers and writers who work on everything from the full suite of apps to the screenshots in our marketing material.
You’ll take organized, pixel-perfect Photoshop documents and work closely with an engineer to prepare assets for production, ensuring that the spacing and sizing of the build matches the mockup exactly. You’ll also work on creating good-looking screenshots for things like our Staff Blog and the App Store. Basically, all variety of stuff is going to come across your desk, sometimes last minute, but it’ll generally be pretty entertaining.
We work on Dropbox, JIRA, and Stash. You know how to use these things, and hopefully have ideas about how we can use them better. You’ll be the most technically-focused and engineering-minded member of the Creative Team. We are a plane and you are the landing gear. Does that make sense? Of course it does. You have a clockwork mind and you understand this metaphor exactly.
Just to be clear, this isn’t an entry-level position. Experience as a production designer, designer, or engineer is a must.